No announcement yet.

MS, grass, and NOT LC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When I get home I'll check everything what you said. Funny thing is, from what I can tell you now is that all of my settings were actually lower!
    I'm rendering on Tyan K8WE that has two AMD Opteron 275 (2.2Ghz, 4 cores in total), and 8 GB RAM.

I just realized that LC was really too high, even with 100 subdivs I get mostly the same looking scene. So I'm trying no secondary next.

Materials are all opaque, no transparency, refraction, etc. On the latest scenes I've made grass material 2 two sided to add a bit of sun through.

So cubicle, you don't think having 500 000 of this small (really optimized) objects should slow my scene and fill my RAM? My vray stamp said about 370 000 primitives. That would be objects?
    www.hrvojedesign.com

Comment

I had similar problems withe rendering scene like this:

Click image for larger version

Name:	zajac_0138.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	121.0 KB
ID:	843541

I ended up on turning off indirect illumination.
      Only vray sun and vray dome light. Maybe this way?

By the way rendering of buckets near horizon line take long long time (there are a lot of grass blades).
      I hope that some kind of stochastic pruning in vray 2.0 solve this problem

_____
      sorry for my English

Comment

Here's the update. MS tech support just sent me my scene but with their settings. Quite an interesting approach, I wouldn't have thought of it. They set primary bounces to BF, 4 subdivs, and secondary to none. It works pretty well. Only, it has to be done only for grass, the rest of the scene is way to noisy.

They also used smaller buckets, 32x32 for what Mnietek noticed, I guess to render smaller number of distanced objects at the same time.
        www.hrvojedesign.com

Comment

Yeah if geometry is constantly unloading, once you've max'd out your memory limit, the only other option is reducing bucket size, although this doesn't always mean it makes it better.

Comment

Working...
          X