Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ray 1.5 SP5 and AfterBurn 4.0c random black frame and crash

Hi,

I haven't use afterburn in a while and now I can't make afterburn work with vray anymore (since then I updated fumeFX to the last version). I must admit that in production I got so many troubles with vray and afterburn that I always end up using scanline to render Afterburn elements, but now I have some free time I would really like to find a way to render Afterburn in vray without bugs and crashes.

I use Afterburn 4.0b and I am trying a test scene with just some pflow on a sphere with afterburn and I try to render with vray. With afterburn alone it works. But if I add a plane in the scene with a vray material it will work at first but if I render many times, it will end up rendering entire black frame and then I have to switch to scanline and switch back to vray to be able to render again correctly.

This is using ABshadow map.

If I try with vrayshadow, max just crash with an esoteric error message...

render correctly at first with ABshadowmap

without changing anything, starts rendering black... and don't stop doing that unles I switch to scanline and back to vray.

crash with vrayshadow
    Last edited by jstrob; 04-03-2011, 02:41 PM.

Explosion & smoke I did with PhoenixFD
    Little Antman
    See Iron Baby and other of my models on Turbosquid!
    Some RnD involving PhoenixFD

I just reinstall everything and it now seems almost ok (only one node is rendering a slightly different self shadow for afterburn... the shadow is a little less biased or darker)

does anyone also uses vray to try to render afterburn?
    Last edited by jstrob; 07-11-2010, 01:38 PM.

Little Antman

Comment

Yes I'ver had major problems since you can't use LWF and afterburn with VRay. Have to use non gamma 2.2. I've also had some issues with alpha channels with afterburn 4. Haven't had any fixes for any of my problems yet. Sitna Sati says they won't be updating afterburn anytime soon (they full time working on fumefx it seems). Afterbutn just gets a new recompile for each new max version
      I'm in serious need of an afterburn replacement (without going the fumefx or phoenix2 route)
      Kind Regards,
      Morne

Comment

could you tell me what you mean by "can not use LWF" with vray and aburn? Do you get crashes or what.

What happen when you try to use it.

For me when it's niot crashing it seems to work in LWF but my problem is I get a lot crashes with vray and afterburn.
        Last edited by jstrob; 06-03-2011, 10:36 AM.

Little Antman

Comment

Working...
        X