Vray license upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray license upgrade

So I am trying to upgrade our licenses to the 2.0 beta and in order to do so I have to generate a .wbc file and send it to our reseller. The problem I am having is that I cannot view the license status online. Normally I would use either http://127.0.0.1:30304/ from a remote machine on our network, or localhost:30304 from the server machine itself. I keep getting a "Problem loading page" error and therefore cannot view our licenses. Has anyone else come across this issue? I tried rebooting the server but no luck...

thanks

Hm, 127.0.0.1 always means "this machine". You need to use the actual IP address of the license server. Are you sure it is running at all in the first place?

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Ok I am an idiot. I thought 127.0.0.1 would loop through your network IP's and return the license servers status if it found a machine that had port 30304 open. So I tried using the machines IP address instead and I was able to generate the wbc file needed.

Thanks Vlado!

Comment

i'm currently trying to get a wbc file so that i can process my upgrade to vray 2.0.
        when i click the "to upgrade your licenses, click here" link, it brings me back to the page with "get status of the server" at the top and the title "testing..." but nothing else...
        is there another way to get hold of the wbc file?
        when the going gets weird, the weird turn pro - hunter s. thompson

Comment

Are you sure you are using the latest version of the license server? In any case, email us to vray@chaosgroup.com and our support guys will help you out.

Best regards,
          Vlado

Comment

thanks vlado.
            how do i update the license server?

Comment

The license server from V-Ray 1.5 SP5 should be enough for this; otherwise, you can simply install V-Ray 2.0 with the license server only option.

Best regards,
              Vlado

Comment

hmmm. i've got 1.5 sp5 installed already...when i run the installer again and check license server only, it gives a 'previous install' warning and says it's going to uninstall v-ray.

does the demo for 2.0 include the license server?

Comment

Hello,

The demo version does not have license server included. Please proceed with fresh new installation of the V-Ray license server only (from V-Ray 1.5.SP5 installation). If the issue persists, please e-mail us further details at vray@chaosgroup.com

Best regards,
                  Zornitsa(Zori) Simeonova
                  Technical Support Representative
                  Chaos Group

Comment

ok that worked, but it did uninstall v-ray although i only checked the license server...so had to uninstall and reinstall again after getting the wbc file.

thanks for the help!

Comment

Working...
                    X