Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vray mulitsubtex

1. There aren't enough slots.
    2. If you hover over any material containing a multisubtex Max hangs for a long time. You can copy or cut, but it takes a long time (up to 5 minutes). Resetting max does not fix the problem.
    when you do manage to paste the material - it too can take up to 5 minutes

Sounds like a memory leak issue?

Raj

I have had no performance issues with the map. 20 slots is pretty good for most things but being able to set the value t anything would be handy too.
    Brett Simms

www.heavyartillery.com
    e: brett@heavyartillery.com

Comment

Originally posted by rajdarge View Post
      1. There aren't enough slots.
      For the time being, you can use a VRayCompTex in additive mode to add together two Multi/Sub maps together with different IDs. Variable number of slots will be done in an update.

2. If you hover over any material containing a multisubtex Max hangs for a long time. You can copy or cut, but it takes a long time (up to 5 minutes). Resetting max does not fix the problem. When you do manage to paste the material - it too can take up to 5 minutes
      Can you give me more precise reproduction steps? Where does this happen - in the material editor (old one or Slate), the viewport, the material explorer...?

Best regards,
      Vlado
      I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

vary mulitsubtex?
        is it a VR 2.0 new features? actually, there is nothing about it in the helpfile
        PS I'm still with 1.5
        Alessandro

Comment

Originally posted by vlado View Post
          Can you give me more precise reproduction steps? Where does this happen - in the material editor (old one or Slate), the viewport, the material explorer...?

Best regards,
          Vlado
          ok: 3dsmax 2010
          Material editor
          open up a material and go to "maps"
          (vraymtl)
          hover over diffuse
          right click - (vraymultisubtex)
          3ds max hangs for a very long time (5+ minutes)

It does not matter if the multsubtex is directly accessed or if you hover over a multsub-onbject and it is only one of a number of maps inside the texture. if there is a vraymultisubtex anywhere in the heirachy, this hang occurs.

I am using 16 slots of the 20, I would have used more but there weren't enough

Ok: with a some fiddling:
          If a MIX map is part of the Vraymultisubtex then the hang occurs. If you remove the MIX map, the hang stops.
          The duration of hang is directly related to the number of Mix maps, even if they are instances.

The particular MIX map that I am using has 5 levels of sub mix maps (heirachical) After the 2rd level the slow down is noticable. The slow down is related to the number of mix maps (even if instanced) and the levels of sub-mix maps.
          I was using 4 instanced mix maps with 4 sub-levels the parent version.

actually the slowdown occurs without using any vray materials. I suppose its just that my mix map nested as it is takes up a lot of memory its not a problem with vray - just with max.
          sorry to cast dispersions (pun)
          Raj

Comment

Ah, ok then

Best regards,
            Vlado
            I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Originally posted by zeronove View Post
              vary mulitsubtex?
              is it a VR 2.0 new features? actually, there is nothing about it in the helpfile
              PS I'm still with 1.5
              New features:
              (*) VRayMultiSubTex texture to allow different colors/textures based on surface material IDs and object IDs;
              (Sorry for my bad english)

Comment

Originally posted by rikou View Post
                New features:
                (*) VRayMultiSubTex texture to allow different colors/textures based on surface material IDs and object IDs;
                thanks, I totally missed the first line of the new feature list
                Alessandro

Comment

Working...
                X