Vray 2.0 RT on Backburner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray 2.0 RT on Backburner

I just tried submitting a RT job to backburner. The nodes do launch 3dsmax, but then just hang on the first frame while displaying the render message "transforming vertices".

Funny thing is that a partial render does actually appear on one node, but then also just stops.

Both CPU and GPU give the same result.

Any ideas?

Do you run the backburner server as a Windows service, or manually?

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

I start it up manually (have a shortcut placed in the startup folder).

Comment

Does it only work when the server is running as a service?

Comment

No, in fact it is less likely to work as a service; it works fine here though across several machines when I run the backburner server manually, so I'm not sure where is the problem. Does it eventually render an image if you specify low number of paths per pixel?

Best regards,
          Vlado

Comment

Stebbing3D, you using the 64-bit version?
            How is it with the 32-bit version?

Thanx

OakCorp Japan - Yuji Yamauchi
            oakcorp.net
            v-ray.jp

Comment

Yes, I'm using 64-bit - didn't try 32-bit version yet..

Just did another couple of tests with performance settings at 64/8 and 256/64 - but that doesn't seem to make any difference. Only the first node to start the renderjob actually outputs anything - the others still just hang on the first frame..

Another pretty strange thing, is that when I select an animated camera - RT only renders from the first position of the cam? It somehow ignores the camera animation. This also happens when rendering locally.
              Last edited by Stebbing3D; 01-12-2010, 09:28 AM.

Comment

So I could reproduce the multiple machines issue; will be fixed for the release.

Thanks for the pointer on the camera animation - will check it out.

Best regards,
                Vlado

Comment

Perfect Vlado - you just made my weekend a bit happier

Comment

Many thanks to Vlado and the rest of the Chaosgroup team - Backburning with 10 x 480's is now finally a reality!!

Comment

Allright - so, it's working on Backburner. But when I attempt to render out PFlow animations - RT only outputs the first frame of the particle animation and then just render static particles throughout the rest of the animation.. It's somehow not really picking up the keyframes set in PFlow..

Comment

Did you turn on the "Particles" option in the RT settings?

Best regards,
                        Vlado

Comment

Yes, it is on - and RT does render the particles.. Just without any animation of the particles..

Comment

Can you get me your scene to vlado@chaosgroup.com? It works for me on a simple test.

Best regards,
                            Vlado

Comment

Any update on this problem? Could you replicate the problem using my scene?

If anyone else want to give it a try - a simple test scene (Max 2011 x64) can be downloaded here:

http://rapidshare.com/files/437041658/RT_PFLOW_01.rar

So, when rendering a still the particles look fine - but as soon as I attempt to render a sequence, there are no animated particles..

Comment

Working...
                              X