VRay+ backburner problem - Could not read write

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VRay+ backburner problem - Could not read write

I have a strange problem while backburning a job.

Everytime I backburn a job with VRay, render goes well, VRay saves the image via VFB, then backburner flags the job as failed with the Error message "could not read/write file type C:\Program Files\Autodesk\3ds Max Design 2010\renderoutput\"

It's annoying because it restart the render instead of beginning the next, while the image was properly saved by the VFB... A workaround was to prevent the Manager to retry the job but another node might kick in the render cuz Manager thinks it failed.

You'll tell me it's a network path problem, but 3dsmax render output is unchecked, VFB output is a correct UNC path, elements paths are blank (Anyway, I think VRay ignores the elements path if the render output is unchecked?) and every other path I might think of is always UNC and valid

Also, no 3dsmax user path is C:\Program Files\Autodesk\3ds Max Design 2010\renderoutput\

Can't see what could cause this problem, although the solution must obviously be very simple !

I'm with Vray 1.5.SP5 and Max 2010
    Last edited by Pixelab; 28-12-2010, 10:03 AM.
    Philippe Steels
    Pixelab - Blog - Flickr

Ok, I've finally found my solution :

I did those 3 things and it worked again

Swithced to Vray 2.0 and MAX 2011 (but it wasn't obviously necessary)
    Make sure the max render output file path in common parameters is a UNC path, even if save file is unchecked (don't ask me why)
    Put a UNC file path for the project folder un Customize user paths.

Hope it'll help someone one day
    Philippe Steels
    Pixelab - Blog - Flickr

Comment

Working...
    X