Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VRayLensEffects creates different renderings

First:
    thank you so much for adding the lens effects feature! This makes rendered images a lot more realistic!

Second:
    I tried lots of settings to test the lens effects and the renderings differ a lot from each other. Max's internal vfb produces other lens glares then the VRay vfb. And, by the way, when you enable bokeh (no need for enabling dof!) you also get different results.
    See the renderings attached (and watch the filenames!).

I can send the file that creates these renderings if that helps. (can't attach it here...)
    Attached Files
    zwischendrin.com - HDRI panoramas, HD textures, stock images, SFX and more

if you zip your file you can attach it here
    Kind Regards,
    Morne

Comment

Thanks!
      Attached Files

Comment

Yep, if you use color mapping other than linear and gamma 1.0, then the 3ds Max VFB result will be wrong. This is because the glare/bloom will be applied on top of the already color-corrected image where any hilights have probably been killed and the colors are already distorted. When using the V-Ray VFB, the result is correct whatever color mapping you choose, as in that case the render effect is applied on the original linear color data (that's why you get an additional render channel called "LensEffectsSource" in the V-Ray VFB) and the color mapping is applied on the final result on top of the bloom/glare.

Best regards,
        Vlado
        I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

aaaaaaaaaaaah!
          Thanks vlado!

Comment

Working...
          X