Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3dsmax cmd problem in backburner

Hi!

We are using 3dsmax cmd and backburner. Sometimes the render crashes when the lightcash i calculated and vray is about to start calculating the irradiance map.
    This only happens sometimes and the only error from backburner is the classic: an unexpected exception has occurred in the network rendering and it is terminating.
    In the vraylog I get: error: UNHANDLED EXCEPTION: Irradiance map thread
    Last marker is at .\src\globillummap.cpp, line 1616: GlobalIllumMap::buildLightMap() {5}.

I can't figure out whats wrong. Does anyone else have this problem and is there any known solution?

Have a great day!

Vlado have you ever heard of this error message?

Marry Christmas to you all!

Comment

Yes, but there may be many reasons for it; if you can get us a scene where we can reproduce it, it would be very helpful.

Best regards,
      Vlado
      I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Were do I send the file?

Comment

I have attach a .zip with a max scene and a pre-script. The pre-script turns off lights that doesn't have the same name as the render camera.
          The strange thing is that the problem can occur 5 times on the same renderslave and the 6:th time the same renderslave manage to render the scene.

The problem only occurs when used with backburner. You don't have to use 3dsmaxcmd.

to_vlado.zip

I hope you can help me Vlado!

Thanks!

Comment

@ Vlado: Hi again!

I have tried to mail you several times regarding the problem but I haven't gotten any response. I just wanted to check that you get my mails.

Hope you all had a great weekend!

/Andy

Comment

Yes, I get your emails; sorry about the delay, I keep getting sidetracked into other things. Looking at this now.

Best regards,
              Vlado

Comment

No worry. Didn't mean to stress you

/Andy

Comment

So this is fixed now - it happened because of the pre-render script turning off the lights when V-Ray was not expecting it. If you email me with the 3ds Max version(s) you are using (also 32- or 64-bit), I will get you the update.

Best regards,
                  Vlado

Comment

Working...
                  X