Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Blank VRIMG file but file size 395MB (VRay 2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blank VRIMG file but file size 395MB (VRay 2)

OK so I went through the whole thing of saving memory by enabling preview mode etc for VFB. I have 5 Multimatte Elements. My file size is 395MB (which seems smaller than with VRay 1.5) Image res is 8000 X 4500. When I open the vrimg file in pdplayer the file is blank (and without elements). If I convert the vrimg file to exr and extract all elements, it extracts each element as 216kb. Each EXR is also blank (in ohter words just black)
    In my preview mode VFB I can see perfectly the completed render but obviously can't save this preview file.

So, what's up?
    Kind Regards,
    Morne

.vrimg files from V-Ray 2.0 are compressed, which PDPlayer does not yet recognize; as far as I know an update is in the works. For this reason you have to use the vrimg2exr tool from the installation of V-Ray 2.0 (in case you are using an old version).

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

just typical - I was using the old vrimg2exr tool
      thanks for the pointer vlado
      (and now that I know that, it's even worse because I already started a new render with the same file name - hehehe so now have to wait for it to finish to test the new tool - now that is hilarious)
      Kind Regards,
      Morne

Comment

The new build of Pdplayer (1.0.5.10) in the download area now supports compressed .vrimg files.
        Peter Dimov
        Asynthetic
        www.pdplayer.com

Comment

Thanks pdimov

Comment

Working...
          X