No announcement yet.

Vray 2.0 Dynamic memory limit appears to be ignored

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi all, so is this Multiscatter or Vray related issue???
    Martin
    http://www.pixelbox.cz

Comment

I guess its Vray related beacause i have the same problem with forest pro. my rendertimes and ram usage is quite messed up...
      www.short-cuts.de

Comment

Yep, like I said it's fixed for the service pack. If you need it sooner than the official release, please email me to vlado@chaosgroup.com

Best regards,
        Vlado
        I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Vlado,
          I tried searching this forum, but couldn´t find info about when the service pack is going to be released. I remember reading it should be right around the corner, but do you have a set date for it?

Sorry for little off-topic, but any info about this would be very useful.

Comment

I don't have an official date yet.

Best regards,
            Vlado

Comment

Ok

So because i'm really stressed about this problem, i want to share the "downgrade" if we encountered a problem like me. The Memory limit, and memory used beetween Vray 1.5 sp5 and Vray 2.0 is totally different... 3 Scene which are impossible to render in correct time (more than 39h/ frame for a 3500X2800 px...) with the new version of Vray take less than 1.5 hour on vray sp5.

I just tell i'm using Multiscatter and Forest pack pro on my heavy scene.
              When i've downgrade my version i've encountered some problem about vrayRT, on each file made with Vray 2.0 and opened with 1.5 sp5 it ask us that a .dlr is missed : vray_rtmax2011.dlr

So; i try to re-intall Vray 2.0 > uninstall the 1.5... copy the missing DLR and uninstall 2.0... reinstall 1.5 and paste the .dlr in the plugins/vrayplugins. After that max don't ask me anymore about that plugins... BUT, and not the less but i can say... This DLR isn't compatible with the 1.5 sp5 of vray... And the problem is pointed by a backburner job... impossible to render the scene... I'll try to copy one more time the DLR on my render node... (where i've uninstall vray 2.0 and reinstall 1.5... ok you've notice that i'm a little bit nervous... and i don't want to ear about 2.00 before i could read the HOTFIX about that) SOOO ... The 2.00 DLR isnét compatible with bacburner, also if you copy on the right place... And i've definitivly solved my problem when i've installed a Vray RT sp2 for Vray1.5 sp5...
              So, Vlado and others... i suggest hardly to release the Sp1 for the 2.0 or share the install of Vray RT for 1.5 Freely for all 2.00 users...

Good luck for all, i've loose 24 hiyrs of jobs for that, not 24h... 24h of job... 3 Days... 1.5 in loose rendering, and 1.5 in install/uninstall/try and other...

I swear i have helped one or more guys...
              i ll be back
              http://www.vincent-grieu.com

Comment

For the backburner errors, you simply need to remove V-Ray RT as ActiveShade renderer and set it to the Default Scanline instead before submitting the scene. Also, as I noted above, we can get you a fixed build as needed.

Best regards,
                Vlado
                Last edited by vlado; 24-02-2011, 05:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by vlado View Post
                  For the backburner errors, you simply need to remove V-Ray RT as ActiveShade renderer and set it to the Default Scanline instead before submitting the scene
                  Vlado
                  I've try before my post And won't work... I've restar the manager and server to see if it could do the trick, and i've got the same problem... So i've reboot my workstation and my renderfarm, and also the same... It work well in local, withtout anything more than Vray 1.5, but don't work by the lan...

But Many thanks for your solution that, and the other

have a nice day
                  raistlin
                  i ll be back
                  http://www.vincent-grieu.com

Comment

Working...
                  X