Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VRay 2.0 and DR

Hello,

I've used DR with VRay 1.5 quite a lot, without any problem. But now that I've updated to v2.0, no way to get DR correctly working ...
    The license server works fine and is perfectly accessible on the network, VRay 2.0 works perfectly on my workstation, and VRay Spawner apps launches without any apparent problem. But when I run a DR rendering, the node(s) don't take part of the rendering !

Any help would be greatly appreciated, since I heavily need DR ...

Thanks in advance !
    Nicolas Caplat
    www.intangibles.fr

Can you take a look at the V-Ray log file on the render slaves and see if there are any error messages? The default log file for V-Ray 2.0 goes into the Windows temporary folder (type %temp% in Windows Explorer to get there).

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Hi Vlado,

Thank you for your quick answer. Looking at the log file, it appears that the nodes "Could not obtain a license (10060). The license server machine (my workstation) is perfectly visible on the network - nothing has changed on the network compared to when DR worked with v1.5 . VRLService is up and running of course. I'm a bit lost now I admitt ...

Thanks for any help.

Regards.
      Nicolas Caplat
      www.intangibles.fr

Comment

It could be that the machines are looking for the license server in the wrong place; if you run the setvrlservice program (Start menu > Programs > Chaos Group > V-Ray for 3ds Max > Licensing > Administration > Change V-Ray client license settings) on the render slaves, is the correct IP address/computer name entered there?

Best regards,
        Vlado

Comment

Hello,

Yes, the server information shown in the settings on the slaves are totally correct. I've even tried to switch between IP adress and computer name, but it doesn't change a thing. Seriously, I don't get it, since it worked perfectly without any problem when I installed v1.5. I'm wondering if updating at that moment was a good idea

Cheers.
          Nicolas Caplat
          www.intangibles.fr

Comment

Btw, not sure it's the problem, but I've checked the license server status (http://localhost:30304), and at the bottom of the list, I can see "Default access: DENY". What does that mean ?
            Nicolas Caplat
            www.intangibles.fr

Comment

Originally posted by NicoC View Post
              Btw, not sure it's the problem, but I've checked the license server status (http://localhost:30304), and at the bottom of the list, I can see "Default access: DENY". What does that mean ?
              No, it is not a problem at all. The particular error code (10060) means that something prevents the connection to the license server, like a firewall or an antivirus program. If you are using Windows Firewall or another firewall/antivirus program, can you make sure that the vrlservice.exe, vrayspawner.exe and 3dsmax.exe are all allowed to connect to the network?

Best regards,
              Vlado

Comment

Everything is ok on firewall side. But i've solved the problem: I've just uninstalled VRay 2.00.01 and reinstalled it using the latest installer v2.00.02, and now it works !!
                Thanks again for you quick feedback btw, it's really appreciated !

Regards.
                Nicolas Caplat
                www.intangibles.fr

Comment

I'm having the exact same problem, though reinstalling v2.00.02 did not help me. All was working fine until I installed v2.00. The DR is working corrrectly ONLY when used on two other computers that have vray installed as a workstation.....none of the render nodes are working. I have checked everything listed above and all is fine. I have tons of deadlines coming up.....any quick advice?!?!?

Comment

Should clarify something....it is not that the nodes do not take part, but they just do not load any textures or do not use any effects (like reflection). Mapping is not a problem, and it is not a network problem either. All was fine until I installed vray 2.00.

Comment

Do you run the V-Ray spawner as a service, or you run it manually? If it is running as a service, is the service set to run under a user account that has permissions to access the network?

Best regards,
                      Vlado

Comment

The V-Ray spawner is running as a service. All the computers can access the network. There are no problems at all when I use backburner on all the computers. And prior to installing vray 2.0 I was using the v-ray spawner with 1.5 and all the computers with no problems at all.

Comment

Well, you may have set up the V-Ray 1.5 service before and forgot to do that for V-Ray 2.0. Have you tried this by running the V-Ray spawner manually? There is no particular reason why it should not work as V-Ray 2.0 handles DR in pretty much the same way as V-Ray 1.5.

Best regards,
                          Vlado

Comment

I'll try running it manually instead of as a service to see if that helps.....at least for now....then we can figure out why the service is not working.

Comment

OK...running it manually works. So...what is the setting that I need to change after installing the spawner as a service? Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                              X