animation rendering blue result :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• animation rendering blue result :(

I have just completed an animation pre pass for the IR map. I then chose animation rendering and loaded the first file in, and this is the result I got when rendering. what the hell?

After so much trial and error I am not getting the result I want when using this method for rendering with moving objects.

what is the correct way to complete this process? The tutorial for animating moving objects is flawed and confusing.

Do I load in the first IR map being IRmap0000.vrmap which is about 7mb or do I load in IRmap.vrmap which is 1kb?

When I render the animation even though I have pre calculated the IR map it still completes 4 passes before it renders, why? and is this correct?

Do I keep use camera path for IR checked or unchecked after I have completed the pre pass?

Is Interp frames at 4 better than Interp frames at 2?
    Last edited by ; 10-01-2011, 02:03 AM.

Also the IR map was rendered in a render server and the file on the local machine had been closed and re opened, I dot see how but would this have made a difference and caused the IR map to render blue?

Comment

Originally posted by JamesCutler View Post
      Do I load in the first IR map being IRmap0000.vrmap which is about 7mb or do I load in IRmap.vrmap which is 1kb?
      You need to specify the file name without the frame numbers; V-Ray will add them automatically. You can check the V-Ray log to see if the correct maps are loaded.

When I render the animation even though I have pre calculated the IR map it still completes 4 passes before it renders, why? and is this correct?
      There is probably a material with interpolation for glossy reflections/refractions somewhere in the scene.

Do I keep use camera path for IR checked or unchecked after I have completed the pre pass?
      It should not matter.

Is Interp frames at 4 better than Interp frames at 2?
      4 will produce a smoother result (will blend 9 irradiance maps), but will be slower.

If you are still having issues, would be best to get us a scene along with several irradiance maps to vray@chaosgroup.com and we'll check it out.

Best regards,
      Vlado
      I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Working...
      X