• Show
Clear All

Hi Olika,
    Can you post an example scene for this?
    Tashko Zashev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Originally posted by olika View Post
      Sorry for ressurecting this thread but with the new "matte for reflection" feature in Vray 2.3. i`m getting a little bit confused.
      The "matte for reflections" option is used in different situations (when you want to integrate a CG object into a photograph). You wouldn't use it for a reflection matte.

For the moment, there are ways to get either shadow alpha, or reflection alpha with V-Ray; there is still not a good way to get both at the same time, so you'll have to do two renders - one for the object and the shadow, and one for the reflection.

Best regards,
      Vlado
      I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Vlado - would it be possible to have the "matte for reflections" used as some kind of reflection matte render element rather than in the main RGB pass? It's handy having the RGB without the floor reflections so you can treat your main object separately to the reflection - the reflection occlusion / vray dirt trick works really well but if vray is already calculating an alpha using matte for reflections there's no point in adding in more textures to slow things down.

Cheers!

Comment

Working...
        X