1.5 SP5 scene renders very slow in 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1.5 SP5 scene renders very slow in 2.0

Anyone else noticed this ? I tried dialing down a lot of the settings, but the scene which rendered at acceptable speed in 1.5 is just really slow when rendered after installing 2.0
    Win10.Ryzen1950X. 80GbRam. RTX3080.RTX2070.Sketchup 22.0.354.VRaySketchUp.6001. - NvidiaStudioDriver 527.37

Is there any dynamic geometry in the scene (displacement, proxies, VRayFur)? If yes, have you tried increasing the dynamic memory limit setting? V-Ray 2.0 uses somewhat more RAM to improve performance in these cases, so if this setting is too low, it will slow down the rendering.

Other than that, we've rendered a lot of scenes to make sure render times are not significantly different between the two versions.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Hello - sorry, my email address was out of date so i didnt get the notification of a reply. the scene has quite a fair amount of proxies in it - i will try again with increasing the dynamic memory setting.....
      Win10.Ryzen1950X. 80GbRam. RTX3080.RTX2070.Sketchup 22.0.354.VRaySketchUp.6001. - NvidiaStudioDriver 527.37

Comment

Working...
      X