Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DR for Win 7, Max Design 2011 any fixes yet???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DR for Win 7, Max Design 2011 any fixes yet???

Is there an updated xml file available for Design 2011, as there was for 2010? On all slaves, spawner is running, Max scene opens, but then closes again. Keeps re-opening and shutting. I see no error messages in Vray except opening and closing then saying server is not available...until it reloads again. Using Max Design 2011 HF4, Vray 1.5 SP5. Please advise, I'm ready to pull my hair out!!!!

Read through all other threads but only saw a fix for 2010. No solutions for Design 2011.

Thanks

Hm, I think that file is the same for 3ds Max and 3ds Max Design. Have you run backburner rendering on those machines?

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Hi Vlado,
      Yes I ran backburner on the machines successfully completing an scanline rendered animation. And I am running spawner with administrative rights. I have only found xml files for 2010 on the forum. Can you please attach the 2011 one? Thanks.

Comment

I tried putting in the xml files for 2009 and 2010 that have been floating around here, but that didn't help either.

Comment

If you look at the file Max.log in the folder "%localappdata%\Autodesk\3dsMaxDesign\2011 - 64bit\enu\Network" does it contain any errors?

Best regards,
          Vlado

Comment

OK, found my max log file and I have 2 errors.
            First one is Missing dll: vray_rtmax2011.dlr-Vray RT 1.50.SP2

and second one [Vray] could not obtain a license (10061) (after that one is when the job shuts down)

I installed Vray as a rendering slave on these machines, so what do I do about the RT plugin, and also the licensing issue?

Thanks,
            Darlene

Comment

Problem SOLVED! I removed the Vray RT from my active shade window and left it as default scanline, and as for the licensing issue, From the Windows Start menu, in the "Change Vray client license settings" I replaced "local host" with the IP of one of my machines that has a dongle on it.
              Last edited by Darlene_O; 24-01-2011, 08:25 AM.

Comment

Ok then; glad that it's solved now

Best regards,
                Vlado

Comment

Working...
                X