Can IR & LC be......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can IR & LC be......

Do these maps have to be generated using a single machine (with or without DR) or can they be generated by many machines using back burner? The reason I ask is in the past I've been able to use BB to render out these maps using up to 10 nodes, now when I try it I get this error "could not save irradiance map". It's been suggested to me that the error is the result of more than one machine trying to access the file at the same time, if and when this happens the frame is re-rendered but will that result in light map errors?

If it is an animated camera without animated objects (for example, if IMap mode is set to "Incremental Add to Current Frame") the IMap needs to be generated on one machine. If you're using animation mode for the imap you can use multiple machines.

Comment

The only thing moving is the camera and I'm using multiframe incremental and fly through to save out the frames.

Comment

The light cache you can do on a single machine; the irradiance map can be done through DR.

Best regards,
        Vlado
        I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Vlado, what happens to the LC if two computers try to write data to the file at the same time, would that cause this error?

Comment

Working...
          X