Missing DR buckets on slaves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missing DR buckets on slaves

So I have read through the many posts on missing DR buckets and they haven't fixed my problem yet. I was hoping someone could give me some tips.

I have one workstation and two (identical) render slaves. All are Win 7 64 bit, Max2010 64 bit and Vray 1.5 with admin rights. My scene contains some Xref-object trees. THose trees have the maps paths stripped and the maps reside in a network folder and all three PCs have the folder listed in the user paths. The render slaves are running spawner (not as a service). I have tried the 'restart slave on end' option too with no luck. I am using static IPs for the machines and in the DR render settings dialog. I am not using BB.

The problem I am having is missing maps on only ONE of the render slaves AND it is only missing the maps for the xref tree objects!! I can open the scene on the problem render slave and it renders fine. I am running out of troubleshooting ideas (short of installing the vray 2 upgrade) and this is driving me bananas! I am making sure that the render slaves are both configured the same so i am baffled why one machine would have this issue but not the other. Both seem to be accessing the network drives fine.
    • Dual 3.47 ghz Hex Core Xeon CPUs; 96GB Ram; SSD Drive; 3dsMax 2020; V-Ray; Sketchup 2020
    • Love these Plugin/Scripts: ForestPro, RailclonePro, Soulburner, Populate Terrain

May have found the (a) problem. The only difference on the problem PC was the UAC setting was not at the lowest setting (it was at the second lowest). That seems to have fixed it. Lesson learned...
    • Dual 3.47 ghz Hex Core Xeon CPUs; 96GB Ram; SSD Drive; 3dsMax 2020; V-Ray; Sketchup 2020
    • Love these Plugin/Scripts: ForestPro, RailclonePro, Soulburner, Populate Terrain

Comment

Ugh... user account control. Good to know for future reference, but when I set up a new windows install, UAC is one of the first things I take care of... OFF!!
      John Pruden
      Digital-X

www.digitalxmodels.com
      3D Model Marketplace

Comment

Working...
      X