going NUTS trying to install Vray2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• going NUTS trying to install Vray2.0

Ok...so I've tried installing Vray and/or the WIBU-Key software like 30 times now...

Windows Vista 64, Max2010 64 bit, Vray 2.0 64 bit

The Vray 2.0 install says there's a new version of the WibuKey software... ok. Well, the new version is not recognizing my dongle. If I uninstall everything and pull out the dongle and reinstall, and then Plug the dongle back in, Windows tries to find drivers for it which it CANNOT. Not even if I point it to the /System32/drivers folder where I can see the .sys file for the dongle. If I ignore this and start the WIBU service and manager, the status window says "0 WibuBoxes at 0 ports found". I have tried the Wibu software that comes with the Vray installer, I have tried the Wibu software from from the Wibu website in both the 64 bit only version and the 32/64 bit version.

And obviously, I can't run the VRayLicense server until I get the dongle working, so.... Am I doing something wrong?
    Thanks!!
    John Pruden
    Digital-X

www.digitalxmodels.com
    3D Model Marketplace

Where does V-Ray say that there is a newer version of the WIBU-KEY software? In any case, you can download the latest WibuKey drivers from http://wibu.com/download_user.php and install them separately.

If you still continue to have issues, please email us to vray@chaosgroup.com to schedule a phone call or a remote web assistance session.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Working...
    X