VRIMG from VFB won't convert to EXR?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VRIMG from VFB won't convert to EXR?

If I save using the render dialog VRay options I can create a VRIMG that converts to exr no problem, but if I render to the VFB and save a VRIMG from there it won't convert (using vrimg2exr utility).

I get an "error opening file" message in the command prompt and vrimg2exr fails. The same VRIMG file will re-open in Max in the VFB and I can save out the EXR from there.

Is this expected or a bug?

b
    Brett Simms

www.heavyartillery.com
    e: brett@heavyartillery.com

Testing a bit further: it seems that VRIMG files saved out of the VFB cannot convert back to EXR unless you re-open them in the VFB and manually save it out.

These VRIMG files also lose their render elements, which is a bit of a drag.

The inability to get the "normal" save modes to work with VRIMG and render elements is really giving me a lot of headaches trying to work with Vray and pass managers. RPM has some workarounds, but it is causing some other problems for me atm (like wiping out my render element setup every time I save the file).

Any chance of getting the VFB to save full VRIMG data so that the standard save options are functional?

b
    Brett Simms

www.heavyartillery.com
    e: brett@heavyartillery.com

Comment

Working...
    X