VRAY Proxy and changed Filepath

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VRAY Proxy and changed Filepath

I recently discovered that a Max scene is unable to open, if i had VRAY proxy objects inside and the filepath to that referenced Vray-mesh-proxy has changed during the saving of the scene and opening.

Does someone has the same problem, or is it a conflict with another plugin?

Had the same problem with a path to bitmaps. Merged the file to load it and then corrected the paths in the material editor. Hair raising experience.

Comment

Originally posted by nakama View Post
      I recently discovered that a Max scene is unable to open, if i had VRAY proxy objects inside and the filepath to that referenced Vray-mesh-proxy has changed during the saving of the scene and opening.
      Is the problem that the proxy file name changes by itself, or that the scene refuses to open? Or these are different issues?

Best regards,
      Vlado
      I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

In my case the maps got moved by me and the file would not open

Comment

Sorry for late answering - the scene is not opening - at least its not displaying any objects. if you access the Layer-menue all Layer with normal Objects are shown in the List, but not in the Viewport.
          I have to copy all regarding Proxies at the exact same location and than it works again.

The reason why i changed pathes is, after a project is finished it goes onto a network drive for backup/archive reasons - but sometimes some parts of the projects are go back into local-hdd for a new project.

Anyway i'm not sure how to work around this, except recreating all regarding file_pathes.

Comment

The Proxy Name is still the same - only the Filepath is changed - or if i open the maxfile from the archive-drive.

Comment

Working...
            X