Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vray Exposure with Physical Camera... Bug?/Feature Req?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray Exposure with Physical Camera... Bug?/Feature Req?

If you have Vray Exposure Control active and then create a Vray Physical camera and turn off exposure on the VrayPhysCam, then the exposure control is not used. If we turn Exposure in the Camera on then the Exposure Control is not used.

I can see why this has been done, but maybe we need a button to 'use exposure control' so that we can use a Vray Physical Camera for say our Distortion amount but have exposure control seperate in the Environment effects for easier control over Render Passes.

Dave
    Maxscript made easy....
    davewortley.wordpress.com
    Follow me here:
    facebook.com/MaxMadeEasy

If you don't MaxScript, then have a look at my blog and learn how easy and powerful it can be.

+1. It would be helpful.
    Brett Simms

www.heavyartillery.com
    e: brett@heavyartillery.com

Comment

+ 2 just to re-itterate my point
      Maxscript made easy....
      Follow me here:
      facebook.com/MaxMadeEasy

If you don't MaxScript, then have a look at my blog and learn how easy and powerful it can be.

Comment

So you want an option in the VRayExposureControl plugin to make it kick in when the physical camera exposure is disabled, is this correct?

Best regards,
        Vlado
        I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

I think it is more that the two systems are mutually exclusive from one side of the relationship: Exposure Control can be driven by the camera, but the camera cannot use the Exposure Control settings.

If the VrayCamera would be able to use Exposure control whenever that is turned on, but Exposure is off in the camera settings, that would do the trick. It would be the symmetrical option to the way Exposure Control can be driven by the camera expsosure settings.

To make it simpler as well: an option in the camera settings (eg "exposure for all viewports") that would activate the Exposure control and link it to the camera, would be a small but useful feature as well.
          Brett Simms

www.heavyartillery.com
          e: brett@heavyartillery.com

Comment

Originally posted by simmsimaging View Post
            To make it simpler as well: an option in the camera settings (eg "exposure for all viewports") that would activate the Exposure control and link it to the camera, would be a small but useful feature as well.
            Can't do that unfortunately. The camera doesn't know about the exposure control; however the exposure control knows about the camera. So if any options are added, they must be in the exposure control plugin - it can check if the camera exposure is turned off, and if so, apply its own settings.

Best regards,
            Vlado
            I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Originally posted by vlado View Post
              it can check if the camera exposure is turned off, and if so, apply its own settings.
              That's exactly what we need....
              Maxscript made easy....
              Follow me here:
              facebook.com/MaxMadeEasy

Comment

+1.. in my mind if the scene exposure control is set to active, it should be active\override no matter what camera is being used.

it's very counter-intuitive for a vraycamera to always control how the scene level exposure control behaves--especially since there is a totally different control mode within the scene exposure control for specifying a camera node.

Comment

+1
                  vray exposure control should simply influence all physical cams with exposure option off.
                  Marcin Piotrowski
                  youtube

Comment

Working...
                  X