Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why 3ds max doesnt use all available memory?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why 3ds max doesnt use all available memory?

Hello

I'm not an computer expert, in fact, my knowledge very limited, so, maybe someone can gave me some light about this
    When i render in 3ds max with vray 1.5, i open the task manager, and, in the performance tab, i noticed in the memory info, the blue line never goes up, never pass form the middle, and is even lower than that!! my renders, even simple scenes, are taking ages to render.

i had 8gb of ram, win 7 64 bits, and when i render, tha task manager shows there is 5gb available!

I tried to modifying the dynamic memory limit, but without any sucess.

I ask because all of this, starts to happen since i format my computer weeks ago, before that i always check the task manager, and, in renders i used to saw that blue line very high!!
    Last edited by cesarr; 19-02-2011, 06:05 PM.

simple scenes wont need a lot of memory to render... it should use more in complex scenes however... try some vray displacement and with the dynamic memory setting up at 7gb it should use up your ram easily... I can use 24gb ram + without even trying.
    WerT
    www.dvstudios.com.au

Comment

Maybe is because of bitmap pager? Check this thread:
      http://www.chaosgroup.com/forums/vbulletin/showthread.php?45359-VRay-SP3a-Max-2010-rendering-%28a-lot!%29-slower-than-2009-!/page1&highlight=bitmap+pager

Also, what is your CPU usage? It's always at 100% during render time?

Comment

Working...
      X