Sun keeps appearing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sun keeps appearing

I keep having this problem where a vray sun just keeps appearing in my scene, I'll delete it and magically it will reappear later. It's always in the same spot and it's always named the same (vraySun02). I'm not merging anything into the scene when this happens, the last time it did this I was just chaining material ID's. This only started happening in the last few days, I haven't changed anything on my system, I'm running Max 2011 SP1 & Vray 2.00.02.

Is there a VRaySky texture that uses that sun light somewhere in your scene?

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

I live in Ireland, I don't get this problem.

Comment

Originally posted by joconnell View Post
        I live in Ireland, I don't get this problem.
        ha haaa same in London dude
        Chris Jackson
        Shiftmedia
        www.shiftmedia.sydney

Comment

i find on importing materials from other scenes it drags the sun in.

---------------------------------------------------
          MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
          stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

I've had this issue too. I'm trying to track it down to see if I can recreate it, but I get 3 additional vray suns that just appear out of nowhere...all 3 right on top of each other. It happens quite a bit, but I can't figure out when it's happening. For a while it seemed like it would happen when I applied the max ColorCorrection to a shader, but it doesn't always happen with that.

Comment

Originally posted by vlado View Post
              Is there a VRaySky texture that uses that sun light somewhere in your scene?

Best regards,
              Vlado
              I have a single Vray Sun with physical camera and a VraySky in the environment map slot if that's what your talking about.

Comment

Ok; is the VRaySky texture connected to a light?

Best regards,
                Vlado

Comment

Yes it is.

Comment

Ok then; try disconnecting it so that it can find the sun light by itself, and see if the issue continues. Also does saving and re-opening the scene fix the issue?

Best regards,
                    Vlado

Comment

I don't think so because it has happened on the same scene more than once at different times on different days. I wish I could tell you that doing a certain thing caused this to happen but I don't know that for sure. I'll do what you suggest and see if it happens again. Thanks.

Comment

It's just happened again and I was doing the same thing I was last time, selecting materials from an object and applying new materials to it, this doesen't happen due to merging.

Comment

Ok then. If you can get us a scene and some instructions how to reproduce it to vray@chaosgroup.com, it will be useful to troubleshoot the problem.

Best regards,
                          Vlado

Comment

I don't really know what's causing it yet, I'll see if I can reproduce it.

Comment

Vlado I'm absolutely sure this has something to do with the material editor, every time it has happened I've had it open. Most usually I am picking a material from an object using the "get material" button and selecting it from the scene materials. Funny thing is it doesen't happen every time, durring an 8 hour day it may only happen once or twice at most.

Comment

Working...
                              X