Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vray 1.5 sp3 scene not rendering .exr files on 1.5 sp5 renderslaves.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray 1.5 sp3 scene not rendering .exr files on 1.5 sp5 renderslaves.

Hi.

Doing render tests during update from Vray 1.5 sp3 to sp5 on our machines. I found out that when submitting scene from sp3 machine, sp5 machines don't save .exr files. Saving frames through Vray framebuffer and render slaves seem to render ok and show framebuffer progress, but after frames are finished there is no output file. From sp3 to sp3 there is no problem.

Made a test with .tif and .jpg files, and both formats save correctly, but just not .exr. From default max render output dialog .exr file saving works over network render, so problem is definitely framebuffer related. Using backburner for render management.

Does anyone have solution for the issue? Eventually all workstations will get sp5, but just now would be middle of the progress and would like to have possibility for rendering on both sp version computers from computers that have sp3 installed now.

Regards,
    Saku

Hm, that would be an odd issue; can you send us the file to vray@chaosgroup.com so that we can take a look at what's wrong?

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

I've emailed test scene file with same subject as this thread. It's just a sphere and a camera. Render output is pointing on a temp folder, so it's not the real project scene file where I noticed the issue. But even with this setup I can reproduce the problem. If I change output format from .exr to .tif or .jpg, it will save output frames without any other change in the scene.

Saku

Comment

Working...
      X