Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vrimg files - returning black renders!?!?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vrimg files - returning black renders!?!?!

Hey Guys, got a serious problem here, I set the model to render the final images last night, when I got in this morning all the VRIMG files have saved but only as BLACK IMAGES!

I've rendered one image on my workstation so the image does render perfectly fine, I had to save each layer individually to desktop.

I also tried to set it so that each Image saved as an EXR and all there layers, this threw up the Region render error (although I'm not doing any region renders)!

This only started happening once we upgraded to Version 2.0 Vray! - Anyone else having this problem / know how to fix it?

Cheers!

How do you know they are black (I mean, how are you viewing the images)? What are the file sizes?

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Well the VRIMG File, is around 250MB, which is pretty small for a 4000x2828 with around 8 channels (Multi Element, Raw Shadow etc..) so When I extract the RGB Color I get a small sized file with nothing but BLACK when opening with PS. I also tried extracting the other layers, they all turned out black, so I can't see where the 250MB is coming from alone lol - I've done this process hundreds of times, and always has worked.

Like I said I've tried setting it do it saves as EXR's instead, with the extra individual channels, but I get the error "VFBCore::setRegion" Error writing render region to raw image file. So BOTH ways I would normally try and set a backburner fails. the only way I can save the output is if I do each FILE/Cammera separatlty and one at a time with out the use of Backburner. Is somthign wrong with Vray?

It' cant be our network, like I said, we've being doing it on the network for years and never had any trouble. I've also tried setting it to save to it's local desktop. Is the DR Affecting it's ability to save?

Comment

For V-Ray 2.0, the .vrimg files are compressed with a lossless compression, which can explain the small size. You also need to use the vrimg2exr tool supplied with V-Ray 2.0 itself - an older version will not be able to recognize the compression and will produce black OpenEXR files.

Best regards,
        Vlado

Comment

Haha - Yup, that's fixed it. I feel Sooo stupid sometimes, sorry for ever questioning Vray - So that fixes the problem with that. But that still doesn't resolve the issue with me trying to render them as EXR's with individual channels and getting that "regionerror" - any thoughts?

(error: [VFBCore::SetRegion] Error writing render region to raw image file.)
          Last edited by JOAN_LORD; 10-03-2011, 02:19 AM.

Comment

Are you writing to a network drive, or to the local disk?

Best regards,
            Vlado

Comment

Network, but like I said before, I've never had this problem before. I've tried doing it so it saves to the workstations desktop to with same results.

Comment

Working...
              X