Animation (rendering) very very very slow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Animation (rendering) very very very slow

I am wondering if I am doing something wrong here...

I have a reasonably simple seen of a bedroom. The camera moves into the bedroom through a door which is animated to open as the camera approaches.

Still image renders take perhaps 3 or 4 minutes per frame.

I am using the Animation (Prepass) and Animation (Rendering) modes as per the tutorial on the Spot 3D website "Rendering an animation with moving objects II". I have run through the prepass exercise, and the IRmap frames have rendered out to a shared network drive.

I then set secondary GI to none and set the primary to Animation (Rendering) and select the first IRmap in the list. Interp samples is reduced from the default 20 to 5, and the Interp.frames is left at the default 2.

Upon sending the render job to backburner, I am getting long hangs from all my nodes - in fact, I haven't seen any of the frames complete yet! When I render locally, they render in under 2 minutes. If I add my local machine as a server to the network render job, It cannot find a license! That's a bit weird isn't it? Does Vray require a license to network render an Animation (rendering) type job?

All normal backburner jobs (those without moving objects etc but using saved solutions)render just fine with no errors.

What is going on here?

(Vray 1.5 SP5 by the way)
    Last edited by tricky; 10-03-2011, 03:36 AM.
    Kind Regards,
    Richard Birket
    ----------------------------------->
    http://www.blinkimage.com

This is driving me mad.

I created a new test scene with a simple teapot spinning around. Running through the same process with Animation (prepass) and Animation (rendering), all works perfectly. No errors. No problems.

It seems, then, that it is a problem with my scene. I tried sending the job again, and the first 6 frames render fine, but then the render nodes just hang on the next frames. If I RDP into them, I can't see anything on screen as BB is running as a service. The CPU is maxed out at 100% though.

If I then add in my local machine as a BB server, I get the same 'vray could not obtain a license' error.

- no reitterate, if I render a frame from the animation locally (ie not through backburner) using the same solutions, the rendering finishes perfectly in around 2minutes.
    Kind Regards,
    Richard Birket

Comment

I'm going to try and calculate the solutions again overnight and see if I have better luck tomorrow.
      Kind Regards,
      Richard Birket

Comment

sounds like a license issue... your slaves do need to see the computer with the dongle when you install vray you get the option to point them at the correct ip / machine name... (and have four options for secondary license machines)

try reinstalling just vray on the slaves, and making sure they are pointing at the right ip.
        WerT
        www.dvstudios.com.au

Comment

Working...
        X