RT window and VFB don't match

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RT window and VFB don't match

Hello everyone, thanks for poking in this thread. I've been playing with vray 2.0 a lot lately and I'm having one issue in particular that is different since 1.5 and I don't know how to resolve it. My vray RT window doesn't match the render I actually get, regardless of my GI settings. Now I'm sure I missed a memo somewhere but this is what I am getting:

I'm starting to think I have an installation problem or something fundamentally changed between these two versions but I don't know what. The entire scene feels washed out like it might be a gamma problem, but I've render with gamma 1.0 and 2.2 and neither match that RT window at all.

Don't affect colors on or off don't make a difference at all.

Any ideas? I'm sure it's something easy and I'm just missing it.

Here is the max file. Thanks for any light you can shed.

Edit: Grammar, no more late nights like this for me.
    Last edited by Deflaminis; 14-03-2011, 01:30 PM.

Upon further testing if I use light cache it gets over-bright like above, using I-map/Brute Force seemed to be closer on an untextured scene, but when I added texture the I-map/BF method was darker in the VFB in AO areas. So sort of skewed in the other direction from the light cache. I have a screengrab below. At first I figured it was a splotch issue but even after cranking the settings it persists.

So it went from LC and being brighter than the RT window vs. IM/BF and being darker. I'm sure somethings off but not sure how to fix it.

Thanks again.

EDIT: Added levels adjusted cropped closeup to make it easier to see.
    Last edited by Deflaminis; 15-03-2011, 12:44 AM.

Comment

UPDATE: Getting weirder still. Apparently my activeshade window doesn't do color balance in time... my screen will be desaturated in the RT window but render with high saturation. If I let RT go without doing anything for about 6-8 minutes it'll eventually get around to it, but the thing is that the regular render takes 90 seconds and that's with 100 Hemi subdivs.

I'm posting an image after 2 minutes of RT rendering vs. the 90 second actual render.

71 views and nobody posting so I assume this is a rarity. If this is just some weird bug or something, can anyone at chaosgroup help or show me how to reset my dongle to 1.5? Thanks.

Comment

There is no need to reset anything on your dongle; you should already have a license for V-Ray 1.5 on it.

Best regards,
        Vlado
        I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Thank you for the response Vlado.

I wonder if this is part of my problem then. When I install 1.5 I get a license error and it won't let me use it. I wonder if these two things are intertwined. Thanks for replying.

The color differences in the renders... is that normal for 2.0? I didn't have the same issue with 1.5/RT1. Could it be a hardware problem? I do apologize for all the posting but I love vray and when it's not acting right neither am I. Thanks for your response.

Seems like getting textures on materials helps the problem out quite a bit.

Am I going crazy?

Comment

I haven't had a chance to look at your scenes yet; will let you know if I find anything.

Best regards,
            Vlado
            I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

No worries, thank you for the time you've already invested. I'll pipe down now...

Comment

Ok so I was able to get vray 1.5 reinstalled, but no matter what I do RT can't find a license. Interestingly, when I loaded the test scene into 1.5 and rendered, I got the correct image compared to the rt window for 2.0, with BF.

Can't test the LC with the license problem but seems an easy way out is to just avoid light cache for now. I can handle that.

Thanks
                Last edited by Deflaminis; 21-03-2011, 11:16 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X