Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Material Transition Problem between Version 1.5 and version 2.0?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Material Transition Problem between Version 1.5 and version 2.0?

I have recently purchased some 3D Content from turbo squid, it was built in Version 1.5 Vray, I am trying to use it in version 2 using MAX 2011.

My Problem:

When opening the file it takes un-usually long loading time, it's only a few megabytes, and the texture maps aren't big either, Saving the file equals a long waiting time, so does if I try to proxy the model and use it in another file (the other file then has long waiting times etc...) If I apply a white VRAY material to the entire model, the problems and waiting times go away.

So it must be a material problem, not a model problem.

Why is this doing it? - I have tried doing the "scene convert" which doesn't fix anything. I have 30 models, I can't strip them all and re apply the textures, it will take me for ever, plus I shouldn't have to do it in the first place. Anyone got any suggestions? I've looked at the materials my self, there's nothing that looks odd or out of place.

Are there any texures that are mapped to the network path like //pc22/maps... ?

That was the problem with some turbosquid models that i bought.

Comment

Ah, It's not the link you said, but that has given me an Idea, I checked the Asset tracking, and it's got completely different locations, although it does pick up the maps from my network drive because I added a Network path, it must be delayed searching for each link every time, so going to strip the links and see what happens...

Comment

Yup you are brilliant! - Thanks, it's worked now, I had to go to asset tracking, strip all the paths and force an absolute path location. I don't know why I didn't think of that before!

Cheers.

Comment

Working...
        X