vray dome light affect alpha

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vray dome light affect alpha

Is there anyway to do this ? I cannot seem to make it so that the dome light doesnt add alpha to the scene.
    Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

ticking it invisible should do the trick.

Comment

Yeah, but I need it visible in the scene
      Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

Comment

You could put the same map in the environment slot as well, and keep the light invisible.

Best regards,
        Vlado
        I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

I tried that but the end render just doesnt look the same...not sure why. I did re-adjust the multipler for the HDRI map but it didnt seem to react the same as having the vraydomelight in the scene.

Is something like affect alpha for the dome light something you could add ?
          Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

Comment

Hi steve,

think you can tweaks the camera clipping panes too. tip via peter guthrie's blog!

Comment

Thanks..thats a good idea.
              Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

Comment

I've noticed with Vray 2 I get the same render using a dome/hdri light as I do putting it in the Environment override and Reflection override. Maybe it was always that way and I never noticed until recently.

Comment

Originally posted by Deflaminis View Post
                  I've noticed with Vray 2 I get the same render using a dome/hdri light as I do putting it in the Environment override and Reflection override. Maybe it was always that way and I never noticed until recently.
                  It's always been this way; the dome light was designed to emulate light coming from the environment, after all - in the same way as a rectangle light was designed to emulate a self-illuminated rectangle (when rendered with GI of course).

Best regards,
                  Vlado
                  I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Working...
                  X