Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNC Causes problems with output files on the network when rendering?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UNC Causes problems with output files on the network when rendering?!

Hi Guys!

Right originally I was having problems with the distributed rendering, other machines would render, but they wouldn't do the bitmaps / proxies. It got fixed when we switched to UNC Paths. it all works lovely and fine now.

Although now we have noticed, if we output files to our network, and it usually has a long address, we will get an error

"[V-RAY] Cannot create output image file "..\..\..\..\JOB SPECIFIC\_Renders\24 03 2011\CAM04.vrimg".

Is it a Max or Vray fix? - I assume the "...\...\..." are just abbreviations of the actual link, or is it because the links are so long it turns it into this and max loose's the location to save the files? I guess this needs looking into?

It works fine if I save to desktop. But that's not how we work here, everything should be accessible via network 24 / 7.

I could turn off the UNC settings, but that would mean our distributed rendering wouldn't work, so catch 22!

I turned off the UNC to make sure it was that causing it, it is!

For some reason when you browser for a save location max / vray saves the output as follows ""..\..\..\..\JOB SPECIFIC\_Renders\24 03 2011\CAM04.vrimg", unless I manually rename it my, self. Which I guess it fine, but I shouldnt have to do it anyway? - Just another thing to keep remembering, maybe this can be in the Vray hotfix?
Working...
X