irradiance map and adaptive amount 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• irradiance map and adaptive amount 1

ive had problems with blotchyness using the irradiance map and adaptive = 1.0 even using silly high hsph. subdivs.

according to this lovely page:

http://www.interstation3d.com/tutori...yfing_dmc.html

it can only be fixed by dropping the adaptive amount or turning up the min subdivs very high, both of which affect a lot of other stuff.

any chance something could be tweaked to fix this? a seperate min-samples setting for the imap perhaps? or something internal that just..fixes it..? im -almost- getting very good clean renders in a reasonable time using a modified version of the universal method, using imap instead of BF for primary... however this blotchy issue is bugging the hell out of me.

You could try setting it to a slightly smaller value than 1.0 - f.e. 0.9 or something like that. Setting the adaptive amount to 1.0 may have other unexpected effects (f.e. if you use VRayDirt for an AO render element, you will get extremely noisy results).

I did consider separate parameters for the irradiance map at one point; I still have to decide if it justifies the additional complexity.

In any case, you can always compute the irradiance map with one set of parameters, save it, and switch to a different set for the final rendering.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

thanks vlado

Comment

Working...
      X