RGB Multiply as Reflection Glossiness Map

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RGB Multiply as Reflection Glossiness Map

I can't get the RGB Multiply map to work in the reflection glossiness slot of a vray material, works in diffuse and reflection? see attached image:

Click image for larger version

Name:	RGBMultiplyMap.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	407.7 KB
ID:	872773

Max 2011 64, Vray 2.00.02

HELP

Give it a try with adjusting the amount of grey that map is adding. I think it possible that it's making a difference, but I, for one, can find it hard to see much difference in glossiness when it gets to be <50. Especially in such small areas. For most things the meaningful range, in my experience, is more like 60-100, and often 75-100.
    Brett Simms

www.heavyartillery.com
    e: brett@heavyartillery.com

Comment

Thanks Brett,

Yes a bad example, but can take the map right done to black (within the RGB Multiply map) without any affect on the glossiness of the material.
      I will do a better example.

Comment

If that isn't it then try a composite map instead. I use those a lot. Alternatively, since you are just multiplying into white there, why not just use that map alone and tweak it with the output curves, or drop it in a color correct? (I really wish there were better color correction shaders inside Max. I would kill for Photoshop style curves and hue/saturation controls in there.)

/b
        Brett Simms

www.heavyartillery.com
        e: brett@heavyartillery.com

Comment

try using the alpha from map#2 and ensuring the alpha of map #2 is solid white (set to "no alpha" in the bitmap properties).. perhaps the rgbMult is generating an incorrect alpha?

Comment

Working...
          X