Peculiar net rendering overhead issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peculiar net rendering overhead issue

Was wondering if anyone might help me figure this out. I have a 900 frame animation running on one WS and one node using 1.50.SP5. Both IR and LC are precalced. Only Camera is moving and there are about 3 or 4 Vray proxies in the scene. There is also an animated noise mod on some pool water.

The camera moves very slightly and the first few render times were timing at just under 2 minutes. After 20 or so frames, I noticed the render times were creeping up a bit so I baby sat.

Once a frame is completed and saved and BB assigns the next task, the initial status bar chores fly by and the bucket frames pop into place in the VFB. Then, when the status bar says “Rendering image…” the adjacent timer runs between 00:00:15.0 to 00:02:00.0 before the initial buckets fill in. Sometimes the CPUs are pegged, sometimes nearly idle. I have no way of knowing what's being calculated and why it varies so much.

Can anyone give me some investigative tips on how to narrow this down? I’ve been watching the performance monitor for clues but cannot make sense of it.
    - Darrin -
Working...
X