Sampling problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by olika View Post
    Wow! Why i didn`t see this thread when it started a few weeks ago?!
    The more suprised am i that this thread just stops without somebody who can prove the math of the calculation above. I also read the "Demystifying V-Ray DMC Sampler" thread many times now but i don`t get it completely in my brain.
    So just to ressurect this thread, isn`t there someody who can explain it? For me it`s just sometimes like a "bermuda triangle" between material subdivs, thresholds (dmc and also sampler) and min max settings. I just can`t understand the relationsships between them and the weighting of the different settings.
    I guess in the end it`s not unbelievable complicated but maybe more naming conflicts between rays, subdivs, samples etc.
    Another explanation with few other words could bring the big Ah ha! effect i am waiting for so long now

Grüße
    Oli
    The big Ahhhhh is really the fact that you are going a bit too deep for your sanity.
    Us mere mortals are not supposed to understand the intricasies of the DMC sampler.
    I don't think we are even supposed to touch it...lol I have used vray for 6 years & only changed it once. I didn't notice any difference so I left it the way it was.
    I am confidant in nearly all of Vray but I am still like most, lost when it comes to the finer points of the DMC sampler, but guess what? it hasn't NEVER held me back from producing good work with fast render times.
    Realisticaly you only need to know how particular things work so you can do what you need....there is no need to know everything.
    IMO you will get much faster renders if you simply get another computer....and you will sleep better at night not worrying about things you shouldn't.
    Hope this helps.

Comment

Originally posted by 3DMK View Post
      The big Ahhhhh is really the fact that you are going a bit too deep for your sanity.
      Us mere mortals are not supposed to understand the intricasies of the DMC sampler.
      I don't think we are even supposed to touch it...lol I have used vray for 6 years & only changed it once. I didn't notice any difference so I left it the way it was.
      I am confidant in nearly all of Vray but I am still like most, lost when it comes to the finer points of the DMC sampler, but guess what? it hasn't NEVER held me back from producing good work with fast render times.
      Realisticaly you only need to know how particular things work so you can do what you need....there is no need to know everything.
      IMO you will get much faster renders if you simply get another computer....and you will sleep better at night not worrying about things you shouldn't.
      Hope this helps.
      You're probably right, but, understanding how the engine works, and how you can achieve production quality results in less time (and with many less bugs and glitches) is essential when dealing with animations where every minute counts. To support your proposed solution I'll say: " Buy another 50-100 computers...and you will probably sleep better at night"

Comment

Working...
      X