Corrupting Cameras

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Corrupting Cameras

Since switching over to 2011 last fall I have a reoccuring problem where all the cameras in a scene become corrupt. I can't render with them anymore. The render starts but after preprocessing the scene the render stops leaving me with a blank image. Vray gives me an error about the FOV being too small. But the cameras are set to something like a 28mm lens. Does it to both Standard and Vray cameras. I can create new cameras and align them to the corrupt ones and all is fine again. I haven't been able to figure out what could cause the problem. This has happened on several projects. Merging the file with the corrupted cameras into a fresh scene did not help. Not sure if its a Max problem or a Vray problem. Any clue what could be causing this?

Max Design 2011, SP1
    Vray 2
    Windows 7 Pro, 64bit
    Intel Q9300
    8GB RAM
    nVidia GTX280

Haven't experienced it myself, but it could be a scene scale issue? Do you have Respect System Units in Files enabled?
    MDI Digital
    moonjam

Comment

We have a recurring problem (allbeit with Max2009 and Vray 1.5) where if we are using XREF scenes, the cameras can get corrupt and distributed buckets render black. Cloning the problem camera and using the clone solve the issue, but its a PITA.
      Kind Regards,
      Richard Birket
      ----------------------------------->
      http://www.blinkimage.com

----------------------------------->

Comment

Yeah. I've experienced the XREF camera problems before too. Some of my problem scenes have not XREFs though.

Next time it happens I'll note the exact Vray error in the log.

Comment

Sorry for dragging an old thread up from the dead...

We have had this recently on 2 different project, both using max 2014 and vray next. Both projects used xref scenes and cloning the camera does fix it.

Did any find the cause?

Chaos, would you like scenes and log for inspection?

Cheers,
          Olly
          Set V-Ray class properties en masse with the VMC script
          Follow me for script updates: @ollyspolys

Comment

Working...
          X