Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Proxy Issue: Object just turns into a box. Nothing there!??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Proxy Issue: Object just turns into a box. Nothing there!??

Been bringing in some furniture symbols from AutoCAD 2011 to VRay 2.0, then creating a proxy as I always do.

The problem is that it simply converts the furniture into a box, and the only .vrmesh file that's created is something called LAYER.

Any clues as to what's going on?

Tnx

Okay, the problem here seems to be with importing as AutoCAD vs Legacy AutoCAD.

AutoCAD gives me the proxy problem, but legacy does not.

The problem now is with linking. Since you have to link using AutoCAD and not Legacy, it seems that proxies are broken....?

Comment

I've never had any problems with importing AutoCAD (then again, I don't link the file, I do a full import)
      Kind Regards,
      Morne

Comment

Okay, I wanted to circle back to this thread because I ran into the problem again and figured out how to fix it... So just in case anyone else encounters this issue:

You can't have any objects with a colon ':' symbol in the name because the meshes won't be created properly. The original AutoCAD drawing put colons in the layer names.

Once I renamed, everything worked great.

heh.

Comment

Thanks for the pointer; will see if we can automatically convert the ':' characters to something else, f.e. underscore.

Best regards,
          Vlado
          I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Working...
          X