Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray 2.0 sp1. 3ds max 2012 BUGGED -Car paint crash

Heya

K I'm not going nuts anymore, I am nuts. Either way I formated my workstation + slaves = fresh all (was right time to do it anyway)

And I still have this issue.

I set 6-8-10+k textures maps for car paint(the speckle one)

And 3ds max just crash without any options except the usual windows...close and get help stuff...

Is it just me ? Does any1 else have it. It never happen in max 2011 and I dont rly wana go to 2011... Not on fresh system :/

Any idea any1? Thanks.
    CGI - Freelancer - Available for work

www.dariuszmakowski.com - come and look

Does it crash when you load the scene, or when you render...? In my simple tests, the car paint material worked fine, so there is probably something else going on too.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Its quite hard to say.

It always crash when I click on render.

But then again there are ways ''around' it.

Basically I render 10000x6660 res. And so far I know that if I render at 1k res & 512 texture size it will do it. Then I can up to 4k texture size and render at 1k again. After that I can threw 5k render res and start rendering (once It start I can cancel and change settings(the white squares not precomputing)) and this way I end up at 6k texture size and 10k render size actually rendering. It not always work but thats my way around it for now.

So far it only works stable on 4k res, I haven't got time to test 5k and where exactly is the crashing point.

I've also noticed that for some reason Spot light cause it to crash few times. So it either crash on Paint calculation or light Spot calculation...

Btw, lil whish list for future, can we somehow store the map on hdd and distribute to slaves? I've noticed that to create map my workstation use 12+ GB ram, and when is rendering it uses a lot less. Slaves are only 8gb so they crash on computing, if we could share texture with file it would be great... as well as cut the annoying waiting time every time I open new scene and material editor... thanks...

Let me know if I can send u some crash files and where they are and will do.

Thanks, bye.

Comment

Humh, lil update on problem. its not only car paint related. Its pretty much heavy scene related. Yesterday I try to render forest with multiscatter... crash at load up instantly... always during the loading files to render ...

/// turns out its network render that cause problems.. no DBR no crash...

any ideas how to fix it ? on my side?
        Last edited by Dariusz Makowski (Dadal); 21-06-2011, 11:18 AM.

Comment

Do you use the "Restart slaves on render end" option? It might be worth a try. If you are using it, and still having issues, then we will need the scene to debug it here.

Best regards,
          Vlado
          I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Hey

Sorry but I think its an issue on my side than anything to do with Vray. I think either my hardware or software is damaged and I'm in process of finding what is causing it atm.

I did another topic here > http://www.chaosgroup.com/forums/vbu...ash-!!-gt-.-lt

So far all my scenes crash at preparing for render wrr...

Comment

Working...
            X