Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VrayCarpaint HDR reflection problem

Hi there,

the VrayCarpaint material does not render the HDR reflections correctly, as you can see at the attached image. Can anyone help ?

Regards
    Ingo
    Attached Files

Weird. It looks like the reflection is actually correct but that the HDR in the carpaint example is not filtered.
    Check my blog

Comment

Same problem reported here: http://www.chaosgroup.com/forums/vbu...646#post521646

Vlado said it's a bug and they are working on fixing it.

Comment

I already read it, thanks. I wonder why only two people are complaining about such an obvious bug...

Regards
        Ingo

Comment

We are the most annoying ones
          CGI - Freelancer - Available for work

www.dariuszmakowski.com - come and look

Comment

I actually posted the same issue but I thought it was to do with motion blur.

It actually looks to me more like a normals issue with CAD data. You know if you get CAD data and put a normal modifier on it, the mesh loses its smooth quality and becomes faceted. Thats what it looks like to me, the material is causing the bug instead of the normal modifier.

Comment

Tbh it looks like a filtering issue, not anything with normals. The weird thing is that the unfiltered pixels are a different res than the rest of the reflected map, as you can see by the large unfiltered pixels aligned to the wall of the building in the reflected texture, and right beside it you can see the rest of the building filtered and at a higher resolution.
              Signing out,
              Christian

Comment

If it is Cad data try using a standard Vray material, flipping the normals, and seeing if you get a similar issue. Will show if it is what I think it is or not.

Comment

Working...
                X