vray camera clipping planes velocity channel problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vray camera clipping planes velocity channel problems

I have a scene where I need to generate velocity channels compatible with real smart motion blur. I'm following the steps for rendering such a channel and after rendering a frame my max velocity reads a very high number. In this instance its 62,820. This seemed kind of insane to me so I attached a regular max camera to my original vray camera and the same frame registers 527 as max velocity.

My vray camera has clipping planes enabled because I'm matching green screen footage that was shot as if it were in a tightly enclosed space but the green screen footage was shot outside of where that space is supposed to be. So basically I'm shooting through walls. Now when I turn off the clipping planes off on the vray camera the max velocity value matches the standard camera.

Its almost like the max velocity is being determined from the near clipping plane and not the axis of the camera. In my test nothing is actually being clipped. I hid all that stuff but some elements get very close to the near clipping plane.

Has anyone seen this type of behavior before?

Thanks,

V Miller
Working...
X