Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows Service Pack 1 camera error?

vray people -

recently we made a grisly discovery in the midst of an animation project - in trying to render mattes for spot color/exposure correction we're finding the cameras in the new passes don't line up with the beauty passes rendered weeks ago.

as you can imagine, it's caused all kinds of headache. we've re-imported cameras from old versions, etc. no luck.

i noticed today that all these issues cropped up just after installing Windows 7 service pack1 on the workstation sending the jobs to the farm. i'm in the midst of rolling back the installation, but i thought i'd make a quick post to see if anyone experienced something similar and if it was related to vray.......

- j

i'm betting no replies b/c my thread is CRAZY. which it is - rolled back the serv pk 1 install and no change.

i'm now thinking the problem is related to a global variable changed by loading up a foreign asset from Turbosquid. probably NOT a vray problem.

but regardless, still a problem - if anyone on the forum has any ideas as to what this might be, your help would be much appreciated. in the time between posts, we discovered that the mis-aligned frames are actually just scaled; that is to say, if we take the "bad" frames from the new passes and scale them down to 96.8% their original size, they register with the original beauty passes (but with a margin around the edges of course since the frames are now too small....).

anyhow - shoulda known better than to suspect vray.....

Comment

Do you have a "before" and "after" scene? If you can get me two of them, I can debug V-Ray to see what causes the differences.

Best regards,
      Vlado
      I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Try on a different off work pc. Home pc maybe and see if it will happen too.
        CGI - Freelancer - Available for work

www.dariuszmakowski.com - come and look

Comment

gang - thanks for the replies. i deeply appreciate it.

turns out the units settings in the files had changed. i believe it was a user error - haven't gotten to the bottom of that yet, but seems if you change the system units it affects the camera settings despite not having re-scaled the scene.

so - mystery solved. thanks again to those that read and esp those that took the time to reply....

Comment

Working...
          X