Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Multiple vray z-depth elements get dropped when rendering to vrimg and converting!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multiple vray z-depth elements get dropped when rendering to vrimg and converting!

Heya Folks,

Here's a bit of a dumb one for you. i've got a render setup where I have two different zdepth elements set to different values (even though it's float - comper has a setup he likes from a previous render of a less "deep" scene) and I was finding that when I converted from exr, it was dropping one of the elements. I was curious as to why nuke was reading the channel as depth and also not "VrayZdepth" as it was originally named. The lovely Thorsten had a look at it and using the -info part of vrmig2exr found that both channels were tagged with the same thing which might have written the second over the first. This is probably a totally stupid request since you can just use float to get any range but just as an fyi.

Cheers,

John

For the record, rending to .exr directly works basically. But then in nuke the channels end up in a layer called "other" as they are channels without a layer. Would be great if they could be saved as Renderelementname.Z instead.

Regards,
    Thorsten

Comment

Had something similar recently, I ran into a problem recently where I made 2 vray light select element with long names.
      vraylightselect_fume_fill_light_01 and vraylightselect_fume_fill_light_02
      Nuke seems to have a character limit on how it reads channels and it clipped of the version numbering at the end. When I loaded the layered exr into nuke it was only able to read one of the light selects.

Comment

Working...
      X