• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mix map for bump

i would think this would work. why not?

max 2009 vray 1.5 and also max 2012 all 64bit

---------------------------------------------------
    MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
    stupid questions the forum can answer.

I can't check right now but I seem to remember this working just fine. Maybe try piping the mix map through a VrayColor2Bump, this has helped in the past for me for other bump oddities.

UPDATE: I checked... doesn't work if there's no maps in the mix color slots. A color2bump makes it work though.
    Last edited by dlparisi; 22-08-2011, 03:18 PM.
    www.dpict3d.com - "That's a very nice rendering, Dave. I think you've improved a great deal." - HAL9000... At least I have one fan.

Comment

a: i tried putting vray color maps in the slots to test. that didnt work. and i dont see color2bump anywhere

edit

ok didnt work with vray color map but worked when i put other maps in it. weird
      Last edited by Da_elf; 22-08-2011, 04:24 PM.

MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with

Comment

Try it in a "Standard" material and see if the bump works in their- not a solution but a troubleshoot at least.

I know that the "rgb multiplier" map doesn't work in the bump slot which affects BOTH Max "Standard" and Vray Materials.

Comment

i had tried in standard to see if it was vray material but that didnt work either

Comment

mix map in the bump working here with 2 maps in both slots, Max 2009 and 2011?

Comment

i dont get how you get it to work. here i have tried it with 2009 and you can see its not a vray problem but a max problem since neither vray nor scanline can handle mix maps in the bump slot properly. Where am i going wrong
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1gZUsJey3Y

Comment

Sorry - you can get the Color2Bump map here. Looks like it's a 2.0 thing though.
                www.dpict3d.com - "That's a very nice rendering, Dave. I think you've improved a great deal." - HAL9000... At least I have one fan.

Comment

crap. one more reason to upgrade

Comment

Working...
                  X