Reflection Error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reflection Error

Getting a strange reflection error, take a look at the image. I've done everything i can think of to the mesh its self, reset xform, detached, isolated vertices, weld everything. Nothing helps there, so it's either down to the material or renders settings. The material is a simple glossy reflection, falloff in diffuse nothing special to note about it. Error seems to happen in random places no pattern to it, nut where it doesn't occur its perfectly smooth looks great.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.
    Attached Files
    James Hall
    Technical Director
    New Zealand
    www.jhall.nz

After putting a few hours into it, it came down to the Anisotropic amount in the material. Turning it down reduced it but it was still there, soften Anisotropic did the same. Resorted to removing Anisotropic reflection and living with that.
    James Hall
    Technical Director
    New Zealand
    www.jhall.nz

Comment

Heya

Its issue of model (or mapping), either there are some lost polygons, or u have 2x surface on top of each other, or model is bugged, I'm guessing u have Boolean the holes in so there might be lack of polygons to keep clean surface.
      CGI - Freelancer - Available for work

www.dariuszmakowski.com - come and look

Comment

If you are using mapped anisotropy (not as in map controlled, but as in UV controlled) then your UVs might be the culprit also.

Regards,
        Thorsten

Comment

Cheers guys for the reply's if i get time I'll try these, but unfortunately a little late I've already gone to render.

DADAL: The mesh is turbosmoothed not boolened, checked for double faces, reset xform, detach, exported, merged did it all.
          instinst: I had the same idea it could have been the uv's, so i laid them out but seemed to have no impact.
          James Hall
          Technical Director
          New Zealand
          www.jhall.nz

Comment

Just to inform that we've experienced this same problem with a couple of objects. I couldn't find anything wrong with the mesh or uv-mapping. After changing the BRDF > UV vectors derivation > local axis from the default Z to X or Y, it renders fine, though this of course also changes the direction of the anisotropy.

- Teemu
            Last edited by ebee; 15-12-2011, 04:04 AM.
            TD at http://brinkhelsinki.fi

3ds Max 2013 with VRay 2.30.01.
            Win 7, Intel Xeon X5675, Nvidia Quadro 5000, 48 gb ram.

Comment

Working...
            X