3ds viz 2008 & vray on 64 bit machine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3ds viz 2008 & vray on 64 bit machine

Can anyone help me with my dilema? I'm running 3ds Viz 2008 on a 64bit windows OS and I just can't get vray to install. I keep getting either 'failed to locate .dll files' errors when I open VIZ or vray simply won't install. Can anyone tell me which Vray build I should be installing? I just can't figure it out.

many thanks
    Is it penry....the mild mannered janitor?

If you right-click on 3dsviz.exe, and select properties, then go to the "Details" tab, what is the "Product version" field?

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

product version field reads 9.0.0.36

Comment

I guess you need V-Ray for 3ds Max 9 then - is this the one you are installing?

Best regards,
        Vlado

Comment

I've lost track of which build I've tried to install. When you say 3ds Max 9 do you mean Max09 or Max 2009?

Comment

I mean max 9, not 2009. The installation should be called something like vray_adv_20004_max90_x86.exe or similar.

Did VIZ 2008 have a 64-bit version? Or just a 32-bit one?

Best regards,
            Vlado

Comment

The VIZ software is pre Windows 7 which is the OS on my machine! It offers both 32bit and 64bit versions for Vista but when I install it directs the installation straight to the 'Programs x86' folder which leads me to believe it's installing as a 32bit programme...? Is this right? If so I'm stumped.

HELP!

Comment

I can now install Vray using the build you suggested Vlado (thankyou) but once vray is installed I get a 'can't start Setup64.exe' message and none of the WIBU drivers are installed.......damn it! Any ideas?

Thanks

Comment

You can get the WIBU drivers separately from here: http://www.wibu.com/downloads-user-software.html

You need the WibuKey Runtime for Windows - 32- or 64-bit depending on your Windows version (not the 3ds VIZ version).

Best regards,
                  Vlado

Comment

I've had enough of this wibu key. Now I can't install the hardware usb dongle because it won't recognise any installed drivers. I've chequed the FAQ page on WIBU systems website and they say search for the .inf file-this file is missing from my PC.Really don't know what's happening here....should have bought a 32bit machine instead!

Comment

Can you tell me which file you downloaded and installed? After all, I also have a 64-bit Windows 7 machine installed, with various 32-bit versions of 3ds Max and V-Ray and they work fine.

Best regards,
                      Vlado

Comment

Working...
                      X