Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vray fur depending on source mesh?

hello vlado,

we have one case where we are a bit curious, not really a problem but more of a question about the vrayfur object... are some of the settings of it depending on the mesh it points to?

in this case we have lots of carpets in the project, all coming from one mesh, instanced or copied and scaled around to fit the individual flats of the building. now we applied vrayfur objects to those meshes, all with the same settings (fur per area 5, -2.5 gravity, 6cm length, 10 knots, bend of about 0.2 and some variation in lenght, direction and so on...), and at least in the preview in the viewport we get the strands of the fur to curl and bend more or less depending on the individual carpet base object.

so we had to set the individual values of the bend ranging from about 0.1 to 0.2 to get it about the same looking with every carpet, is this nomal!?

and why does a bend value of 1.0 do no bend at all, at least with our scene? shouldn´t a value of 1.0 be the max bend and 0.0 no bend?

as said above, to get it bending we had to put the value at about 0.2 and tune it in relative fine notches ranging from 0.1 (not very much bend) to 0.25 (totally bent, at least in the viewport preview and my initial rendering tryouts)... is this because maybe the source object is scaled and turned around about a million times from project to project and somehow fucked up, or how does all this fur magic work?

really hard to figure it out without trial and error and much rendering and waiting for the previews... i´ve seen a few little tutorials about the fur object but they were all kind of useless to us because with those settings we didn´t get any result, this is why i am asking.

best regards,

christoph.
    Last edited by greysheep5; 21-09-2011, 07:23 AM.

christoph koehler
    -----------------------------------------------------
    cy architecturevisualization.
    www.cy-architecture.com
    -----------------------------------------------------
    visit us on facebook!
    www.facebook.com/cyarchitecturevisualization

Working...
X