Backwards compatability

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Backwards compatability

I've got a problem, I'm trying to share a file that was created with Vray 2.0 with someone who's using Vray 1.5 SP5. Needless to say it won't open, is there a way around this?

Why would it not open? There might be warnings if you have used some of the features which are not present in V-Ray 1.5 (like the car paint material), but these can be ignored.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

It's looking for Vray RT and this person doesen't have it.

Comment

It's not giving him any option to ignore the warning either. Can I save out my file without the RT engine?

Comment

Is rt set up as the current renderer? if you have vray advanced for your main and material editor renderer then you should have no issues. In the place i currently work at I've moved vray 2.0 files back to 1.5 and they've failed very gracefully - the vray distance tex map was listed as a missing map, but it never stopped the scene file from opening or allowing me into the vray material to swap distance tex for something else.

Comment

Well, go the Render Setup dialog and assign the "Default scanline renderer" as the ActiveShade renderer before saving the scene and it should be fine.

Best regards,
            Vlado
            I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Yes that was it thanks so much.

Comment

Working...
              X