Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Still Calculating Irradiance Map from "From File..." ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Still Calculating Irradiance Map from "From File..." ?

Hello,

Im using Vray 2.0. I have an animation and I had did a pre-calc by using Multiframe Incremental. This worked fine. I then switched to "From File" , selected the saved file and rendered again. Why is the Irradiance say its calculating again instead of going straight to "Rendering Image" ? It's doing the complete passes calculations. On previous versions of vray when I switched to From File and render, it goes straight to the "Rendering Image" because the Irradiance was already generated and it doesn't need to be calculated again. Am I missing something on 2.0 because I feel like Im generating the Irradiance twice for no reason.

Also, my Secondary GI was Light Cache and yes I did turn it off when the Irradiance was set to "From File."

Edit::
    I've attached a screenshot. Notice its set to "From File, but its calculating the Irradiance anyway. How do I prevent it from doing this?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...Calc_Error.jpg
    Last edited by Teriander; 02-10-2011, 04:16 PM.

You probably have some material which requires a prepass, e.g. a fastsss2 material, or a material with interpolated glossy reflections/refractions.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Vlado,

Thank you for responding. That is correct, it was a material with interpolated glossy reflections. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
      X