Arch&Design material conversion bug

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arch&Design material conversion bug

There is a bug in internal Arch&Design material conversion during render in Vray 1.5 SP5. A bitmap in reflection glossiness is ignored.
    Has it been reported before? Or am I doing something wrong?

Could anybody tell me how I can convert an Arch&Design material into VrayMtl? I tried Vray Scene converter but it doesn't work.
    I also tried to open vrayutils.ms script, uncommented the line saying:
    -- Arch___Design__mi: convertFrom_ArchAndDesign orig_mtl
    And then tried the conversion but it still doesn't work.

Any help is appreciated...

EDIT:
    So it seems there also needs to be changed (commented) one more line saying which materials are compatible:
    if mtl_classid==Arch___Design__mi then return true
    Last edited by TheLooopCGI; 06-10-2011, 05:28 AM. Reason: typo
    David Slachta
    The Looop CGI
    Shanghai, China

I'm having the same problem. I've tried your script in maxscript then try the vray scene converter again but it throws a lot of errors in the mental window...not even sure why this is coming up.

Can anyone help ?
    Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

Comment

I swear the vray scene converter script use to convert Arch & Design shaders to Vray.
      At the moment I'm using Motivas script, http://www.motivacg.com/descargas_en.php
      Be careful with this one I've had it clear all bitmaps, so make sure you save before hand.

cheers

Comment

Ive tried running the script and also altering the vrayutils.ms file to no avail. Anyway, I manually adjusted all the materials...luckily there were not that many of them...
        Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

Comment

Working...
        X