Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VRayDirt invert normals on object with multi elements

Hi all

I make a box 1000mm X 1000mm then apply vraydirt with inverted normal an radius 200mm. So then box gets black edges. Perfect.

But now if I have another object which is made up 10 elements of the 1000mm boxes, I get the vraydirt asif I have 10 seperate boxes and not just 1 long object. Except for unioning the 10 boxes together to make 1 with only 1 element, how can I get this to work?
    Kind Regards,
    Morne

uhhh, hello?
    Kind Regards,
    Morne

Comment

Screenshot?
      Dusan Bosnjak
      http://www.dusanbosnjak.com/

Comment

I'm not sure what you want to happen is possible. You basically want the 10 boxes to pretend they don't have certain faces when they're right next to each other, right? I can't imagine how that would work since it's based on surfaces.
        www.dpict3d.com - "That's a very nice rendering, Dave. I think you've improved a great deal." - HAL9000... At least I have one fan.

Comment

well when the 10 objects gets attached to each other its 1 object (10 elements) the screens hot below was made up of a very simplified version from 3 boxes modelled in autocad the one where it looks like 1 big box, is what the 3 boxes are suppose to look like. But only way I can do it is to union them, and I don't want to union it.

(and now I cant find my attach button so cant attach the images)
          Kind Regards,
          Morne

Comment

they'e still seperate objects, they're just under the same edit poly.
            it's not possible. You've got do some modeling.

Comment

in the bigger scheme of things its a 5 story hotel complex. I want to make all the corners "dirty" (it's the type of texture even if it's a new building). I can't have all the walls as one object. (the building is also zig zag and not just rectangular in plan). Any simple way to achieve this or will I have to unwrap uv then?
              Kind Regards,
              Morne

Comment

Might have to make a separate object for your outer wall in that case rather than having all of the blocks butted up against each other.

Comment

yes it seems I'm just going to union all walls per floor level (you dont see inner walls)
                  Kind Regards,
                  Morne

Comment

Working...
                  X