Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Animation light cache is doing irradiance passes on its own...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Animation light cache is doing irradiance passes on its own...

I am trying to render a flyaround but aam having some trouble. I have set the primary and secondary GI to light cache and set it to save the vrlmap. For some reason it keeps calculating the irradiance map with 4 passes each frame. I am stumped. Opened up an old file of a different model that worked fine - ran it and it did the light cache just fine. saved the settings and tried them on the model I am having trouble with but same problem. Opened up the old model that works and erased everything, merged file that won't work, and tried again. Still calculating the irradiance map! Tried erasing camera and path and made a new one. didn't work either. Have no idea what is going on. Why is it running irradiance passes when I have GI's set to light cache? Any ideas?
    You may as well be doing something while you're doing nothing.

Is there some sort of obscure setting that I have accidentally changed? I just turned off the GI completely and it still renders 4 prepasses.

Comment

I don't think it's actually irradiance map what you see calculating. Some other settings can also produce this "prepasses" calculation. I believe one of them is using reflections interpolation for materials with glossy reflections.
      David Slachta
      The Looop CGI
      Shanghai, China

Comment

Thank you David! Unchecked interpolation on one of my materials and it no longer makes passes on light cache.

Comment

Working...
        X